Driftless Dance FestivalWinona Dance Showcase
We are now welcoming submissions from dancers and studios in the Winona area. Please review the showcase guidelines, then click below to submit your proposal.
The 2020 showcase is open to dancers and studios in Winona County, and within 20 miles of the Page Theatre (700 Terrace Heights, Winona, MN 55987).
Dancers must be a minimum of 8 years old to participate.
- Pieces may be up to 7 minutes in duration.
- Pieces may be performed to pre-recorded music only. Due to the need for fast changeover between numbers, we are unable to accommodate live musical performances in the showcase.
- The use of pyrotechnic gadgets, smoke, or combustible material as props is not allowed.
- The same artist or group may not propose more than one piece per genre/style of dance.
- Props need to be set up and taken down within one minute.
- Each group will receive a simple color wash lighting look. We cannot accommodate extensive production needs or designs for this showcase.
- Please note: tap numbers will be performed on the apron of the stage only to avoid damaging marley.
Pieces will be selected to give a broad representation of dance in the Winona community and feasibility of project proposals. To celebrate the first Driftless Dance Festival, there will be no registration or participation fee for groups selected to perform.
Selected groups will have limited rehearsal time at the Page Theatre on the morning of March 29. The purpose of this rehearsal is to test sound and lighting and accommodate dancers to the spacing of the stage. The performance will begin at 3 pm.
Submissions must be received by 4:00 pm on Friday, September 27, 2019. Applicants will be notified of selection decisions by late October.